Blackjack guide – Vegas Strip Blackjack
Vegas Strip Blackjack is the most popular version of Vegas Blackjack since it has slightly lower casino edge than many other types of Blackjack. It has both single and multi-hand version. Vegas Strip Blackjack is played with four decks of 52 cards.
Decks are shuffled after the end of every game. The rules are as follows:
- A Blackjack beats any hand with a total value of 21.
- The Dealer stands on all 17.
- The player can split up to three times to make four hands.
- Aces can be split only once. If a pair of Aces is split, one card is dealt to each Ace, and the hand stands automatically.
- A split Ace and a 10 don’t count as blackjack.
- Unlike 10 value cards can be split.
- After first two cards have been dealt the player can double. The doubling bet is the same as the original bet. It is possible to double down after split.
- If the dealer’s face-up card is an Ace the player can make insurance that costs half the original bet.
- Insurance can’t be taken after Hit, Split, or Double Down.